RE: Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: (with COMMENT)

Yes, RFC 9114 A.2 provides an overview of differences between HTTP/2 and HTTP/3, including the changes that need to be made for an HTTP/2 extension to be used in HTTP/3.  The body of the RFC focuses on HTTP/3 itself, with limited consideration of other mappings.

Somewhat to my surprise, RFC 8336 does not describe any behavior for receipt of an HTTP/2 ORIGIN frame by a server beyond "Endpoints that do not support this frame can safely ignore it upon receipt."  Since we're attempting to parallel 8336, I'm not inclined to add a requirement on HTTP/3 servers receiving an ORIGIN frame from clients.  (Though if I were designing this mechanism afresh, I would make that an error, since that's more consistent with how we designed HTTP/3 and QUIC.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2023 4:13 AM
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3@ietf.org; httpbis-chairs@ietf.org; ietf-http-wg@w3.org; mnot@mnot.net; mnot@mnot.net
Subject: Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3/

COMMENT:

# Internet AD comments for draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-h3-03
CC @ekline

## Comments

### S1

* Is 9114 A.2.3 really where the required updates are discussed?  Maybe it's
  just much more subtle than I would have expected.

### S2

* Can an ORIGIN frame be sent from a child to the server on its control
  stream?  If not, what kind of error is it?