Re: signatures vs sf-date

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:49:28 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 01.12.2022 18:35, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> Julian Reschke writes:
>
>> 1) would require delaying the signatures spec until sfbis is ready - I
>> don't think we want that, unless we can finish sfbis *really* quick (can
>> we?)
>
> We have a very small TODO list for sfbis and the actual editing should
> not take long, so I think the limiting factor would be the approval process
> would be the critical path ?

If we ship sfbis with just the minimal changes we have decided to be in
scope, then this shouldn't be a problem.

That said, LC on draft-ietf-httpapi-rfc7807bis surfaced issues with the
missing support for non-ASCII characters in sf strings, and we really
shouldn't ignore that issue.

Best regards, Julian