signatures vs sf-date

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 18:16:29 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi there.

Currently the signatures draft relies on structured fields as defined in
RFC 8941 - that is, without the date type we are currently working on.

We need to make a few decisions here:

1) Should signatures *use* the date type in the field(s) it defines
("created" TS)?

2) When signing parts of a SF shaped field, should it support RFC
8941bis in some way?

1) would require delaying the signatures spec until sfbis is ready - I
don't think we want that, unless we can finish sfbis *really* quick (can
we?)

If we do *not* wait for sfbis to be ready, should we add some text that
would allow implementers to make use of sfbis-shaped fields?

Best regards, Julian