RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Alt-SvcB

From: Tommy Jensen <Jensen.Thomas@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:00:38 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>, David Schinazi <dschinazi.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I agree with the point of "deprecation" meaning "please use Alt-SvcB for future alt-svc uses" and not "immediately stop using its predecessors" however that needs to be appropriately phrased.

> Can somebody quantify the relative proportion of clients that can't do HTTPS RR?

Windows supports SVCB but not HTTPS at the moment, but that will change in a future release. Browsers of course tend to support far older OS versions than we prefer to backport changes to, which will not be a unique situation among OS platforms. This just lends to the statement about what "deprecation" means.

Thanks,
Tommy