Re: Idempotency-Key for resuming requests (TUS Resumable Uploads Protocol)

Dear Austin,

you brought up a good point by throwing Idempotency-Key into the recent
Interim meeting. Idempotency and resumability are related but not the same,
because when resuming an upload you want to start the data transfer at a
different offset to avoid transmitting the same data again. I am missing
this part from your proposal. How does the client obtain the information
which data the server has already received and which part it must still
transmit? Or did I just miss that piece?

That being said, I think that an idempotency key could play an important
role in resumable uploads, especially considering the creation of uploads
resources.

Best regards,
Marius