Re: Update on geo-hint header

Hello,

If I might offer the thought that this data could be useful for those
systems using http that require it, more so than being something
designed to locate the server, it would give temporal and spatial data
to the end point, For whichever reason it might be required. One might
imagine a wiki in which each endpoint provides the date and location of
its content, say a historical article, allowing for a far more
comprehensive tool for filtering a search by time and location. I
suspect that any attempt to achieve this without the data being a part
of the protocol, would be quite impossible.

consider also a scientific experiment in which each result set requires
a precise spacetime, or time and location stamp.

This combined with the use of a julian day date format would be a means
to add the time zone without any dependency upon the foibles of
political timezone manipulation and remove the need for consequent
database lookup for TZ offsets. Another upside to this type of time
keeping is that, even when the location data is not present, the time is
more likely to be correct; This is not the case when no location data is
stored and a local time is used, in which case temporal data is truncated.

Kind regards.

Iain Hill.