Re: Digest Headers and Structured Fields

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 9:49 AM Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Thanks for the engaged discussion during the Interim yesterday. Based on
> the feeling in the room, and some of my editorial judgment, I've prepared a
> new pull request that sits somewhere between option 2 and 3. It also
> borrows some of the ideas given in the chat to overcome the technical
> challenges I mentioned towards the end of the presentation. Please see
> https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1919, which includes a
> summary of things.
>
> I might be overlooking what people want to see wrt text treatment of RFC
> 3230 obsoletion. I don't think there's much to say personally. But I'm
> happy to take on board feedback in this area.
>
> I didn't address the bikeshed of field names either. A comment was made
> about name lengths, which I agree with. In the interest of focus, I think
> we should pursue that on a separate ticket and resolve that before we
> publish draft 08.

There was some healthy commentary made on PR
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1919 (Digest option 2.5),
which I've worked on to address or spin off into follow up items. It seems
like we have some rough consensus here and the changeset is large, so my
intention is to merge this in the next day or two in order to not block
progress on other things. Please use that time to make any additional
comments.

Cheers
Lucas