Re: URL, URI and the w3c

It depends on what parts you’re referencing.

For example (and what might have triggered this question): Signatures only uses the WHATWG spec in order to define the query-parameters, which is not part of generic URI syntax. Everywhere else, Signatures uses the IETF RFCs because it’s talking about those general purpose URI parts like path and query.

 — Justin