Re: Standard URL safe digest form and hash algorithm list

Hey,

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, 07:44 Roberto Polli, <roberto@teamdigitale.governo.it>
wrote:

> Hi Roman,
>
> Can you please file a github issue requesting the registration of two more
> digest algorithms?
>
> About the encoding, we decided to delegate it to SF. I don't remember why
> it was decided to use but instead of b64url though...
>
> Isn't decode/encode a viable solution?

I don't really see the issue here. The computed digest bytestring is the
same regardless of the serialization format for sending it over the wire.
The problem seems to be with trying to send the Structured Fields Byte
Sequence type in a URL. There's doesn't seem any need to do that, instead
you can just send the base64 encoding of the computed digest without the
colons.

Cheers
Lucas