Re: Call for Adoption: Binary Representation of HTTP Messages

From: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 02:28:53 +1100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Wed, Nov 10, 2021, at 00:59, Lucas Pardue wrote:
> I am curious what relationship (if any) there is to the binary
> structured fields I-D [1].

Today: none.

In the future: a new format that fuses the two could be really nice.  Binary SF has advantages for parsing efficiency, for simplicity, for compactness, and predictability that fit very neatly with this.  But I would say that we need to be confident with each independently before marrying them.