Re: New I-D: Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/3

From: David Schinazi <dschinazi.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:28:59 -0700
To: Ryan Hamilton <rch@google.com>
Cc: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
(speaking solely as a QUIC/MASQUE/WebTransport enthusiast)

I agree with MT here. WebTransport is currently relying on Extended
CONNECT, and MASQUE is going to soon (assuming the MASQUE WG reaches
consensus on that, but everyone seemed to agree last time we discussed it -
I've been planning on writing PRs for CONNECT-UDP and CONNECT-IP but I got
distracted with other things). Over in WebTransport and MASQUE we had
somewhat forgotten about the fact that HTTP/2 SETTINGS need to be redefined
for HTTP/3, but that was an oversight. So I'm in favor of progressing
draft-hamilton-httpbis-h3-websockets as both WebTransport and MASQUE will
likely have a dependency on it. The sooner we get this in the pipeline, the
better.

David