Re: #1605: Targeted CC as a trailer?

From: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 12:19:24 +1000
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Fri, Aug 27, 2021, at 12:16, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> This doesn't change the behaviour so much as it adds to it, I think.

An addition is also a change.  Anyone that comes to depend on the trailer-based behaviour would be more dependent on the CDN that supported that behaviour if alternative providers did not.  That's the source of my concern.  Of course, CDN-proprietary extensions likely fill this gap, so I recognize that not doing this is not necessarily a real solution.