Re: #1605: Targeted CC as a trailer?

> On 27 Aug 2021, at 12:12 pm, Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net> wrote:
>
> Isn't the primary advantage of x-cache-control that it behaves just like cache-control?  This would create inconsistencies that would make it harder to adapt to different values of "x".  I would prefer to see a general solution.

This doesn't change the behaviour so much as it adds to it, I think. The semantics of the cache directives would be the same, as would the syntax of the field; it only has additional semantics when it occurs in a trailer.

(I somewhat suspect that there isn't going to be immediate interest in this one, which means we're likely to punt it, but I thought I'd ask and perhaps be surprised)

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/