Re: New Version Notification for draft-kazuho-httpbis-selftrace-00.txt

Matt,

Both good points. These are limitations of this approach (and can be noted
in the document), but I don't know how you can get around these issues
using this mechanism.

For the HS issue, Robin suggested using a TP, and while specifying the
mechanism is easy, I'm not sure how useful it will be given that there's no
easy way to trigger that on a browser or web clients.

For CC/FC issues, you could ignore CC for specifically sending a message
that says "my available cwnd is 0", but you can't get around FC, since you
violate FC at the receiver and risk getting the connection closed. While
these  signals are useful, you can also infer them in 2 other ways:
(i) you stopped receiving data and traces. Presumably a client-side trace
can be gathered which should show BLOCKED frames being received.
(ii) it isn't too difficult to see a diminishing cwnd or rwnd in the trace
that has been received prior to getting blocked.

- jana