Re: Cache control in trailers?

--------
Adrien de Croy writes:

> not in my experience.

Good for you!

But it is the number #1 thing on peoples wishlist whenever they ask about
trailers in Varnish Cache.

> What sort of metadata is it envisioned would require waiting until the
> end of transmission to set and be based on the entire content?

Cache-Control, Set-Cookies, and the multitude of private headers people
use for CDN and walled-garden applications.

> We've had
> discussions in the past about clients sniffing response message bodies
> and it was decided it was a bad thing for security reasons, but I think
> everyone still does it or the internet breaks.

Which is *precisely* why I propose we give the server the option
to XOR scramble the body until the metadata is ready.