Re: Cache control in trailers?

In regards to the topic, I can see the usefulness, but all the options are
fairly unappealing to me, even without thinking about the impact of relying
more on trailers(which by itself is unappealing).

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 4:49 PM Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> --------
> Adrien de Croy writes:
> >
> > so any policy based on metadata will have to wait until the end to apply
> > it.  This is not very workable in many cases.
>
> Well, if it doesn't work for them, they shouldn't ask for this transmission
> mode then.
>
> Since it will need to be, by definition, hop-by-hop, that's a nobrainer.

In the past, I've been told headers are never really hop-by-hop, so I'm a
bit surprised to see you say this.