Re: multiple trailer sections, was: WGLC Review of HTTP (-semantics)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021, at 17:54, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Seems that this was pushed out QUIC v1 because it's not defined by the
> base specs. Pushing it out again of the base specs because it's not used
> doesn't look totally reasonable.
>
> Proposal to avoid confusion: state that it's not yet used in current
> versions of HTTP and will require extensions.

My understanding is that the "feature" was not ready in time for QUIC to take it.

However, as this could easily be implemented as an extension AND it differs so much from the rest of the specification in that it is impossible to deploy (as opposed to implemented, deployed, tested, we know what the limitations are, and what the common bugs look like), a counter-proposal: take it out and define it in an extension document.