Digest: use in requests

From: Roberto Polli <robipolli@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 18:57:59 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>
Dear all / chairs,

I think this is the last relevant issue to face in Digest, and
we really need your support. To reduce noise, I tried to tackle it
directly with @Julian Reschke - which I have to thank for all the support.

This discussion has been lingering around since IETF-106 so it would be great
to tackle it.

The point is related to whether Digest on requests containing
partial representations should be computed on the payload-data
or on the representation data. The actual Digest formulation derives
from RFC3230 and always uses representation-data.

 The gh-issue is:
-  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/970

Besides this point - I would be even fine to close it with no-action
to avoid introducing inconsistencies with RFC3230 - and a minor
algorithm issue, this spec is imho ready for a WGLC.

Thanks for your support and have a nice day,
R.