Re: Call for Adoption: SEARCH method

Hi!

I would prefer if GET semantics get extended. This is already
something some already use (e.g., ElasticSearch). Maybe we just have
to find a way for client/server/caches to opt-in or declare opt-in.

As a compromise, I like this proposal as well. But I would propose
that we do not extend existing SEARCH verb but instead standardize a
new QUERY verb. Maybe picking a name is bikesheding, but I find both
SEARCH and REPORT mentioning until now too semantically specific. To
me this is really like GET, just with payload, which means instead of
GETting a resource based on URI, we are QUERYing it because we need
more than just an URI for the query.

I strongly feel that the response should be cacheable. Otherwise why
not just use POST?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/