Re: How to express no matching results in HTTP SEARH method?

This was extensively debated during the DoH process.  I think the outcome
in RFC 8484 reasonably applies here too: if a search is successfully
performed, then HTTP has succeeded.  If the search result would benefit
from some explanatory metadata, that can be handled in the response body,
and the response format should be rich enough to express it.