Re: New Version Notification for draft-snell-search-method-02.txt

Am 03.09.2020 um 06:52 schrieb Mark Nottingham:
> Everyone -
>
>  From what I can see, we last talked about this draft at IETF93, in 2015. There, we considered issuing a Call for Adoption, but that didn't ever happen.
>
> I've seen continued interest in it from a variety of people (mostly outside the WG).
>
> What do people think about it -- is it worthwhile? Are there any problems? Consider this a prelude to a CfA...
>
> Cheers,

I believe it would be good if we had a concrete proposal for people who
are asking for a safe method that carries a payload.

The draft currently is minimal in that it re-uses an existing method,
making it more generic (which seems to be good in general).

Best regards, Julian