Re: Adding user@ to HTTP[S] URIs

From: Rick van Rein <rick@openfortress.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:07:47 +0100
To: "HTTPbis WG (IETF)" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hey,

The lively response to my proposal to interpret the user name in the
HTTP/S URI as intended in RFC3986 (namely for resource name scoping and
recognising its orthogonality to authentication/authorisation) may be
indications that I need to be clarify the idea.

I published version 03 of the draft, adding an example HTTP session.  It
demonstrates how a shared group account can be accessed by a member
under an ACL that is local to the server,

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanrein-http-unauth-user-03#section-4

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
 -Rick