Adding user@ to HTTP[S] URIs

From: Rick van Rein <rick@openfortress.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 23:59:56 +0100
To: "HTTPbis WG (IETF)" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hello,

I wrote a draft to support http://user@host.name in HTTP / HTTPS URIs.
The user is part of resource name space selection, and is not related to
client authentication.  It is given its own "User" header field.

I am aware that this URI form is banned in RFC 7321, Section 2.7.1, last
paragraph, but explain in issue #278 that this is unjustified:
http://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/278

Feedback welcomed.

Rick van Rein
InternetWide.org