Re: Magnus Westerlund's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14: (with COMMENT)

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-06-18 at 12:57 +0200, Yoav Weiss wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:35 AM Magnus Westerlund <
> magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> wrote:
> > Hi Yoav,
> >

> > On Wed, 2020-06-17 at 11:16 +0200, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> > > Thanks for reviewing! Apologies for the late reply... :/
> >
> > From that I was asking:
> >
> > Where there any discussion of this restriction?
>
> I don't believe there was a thorough discussion of this restriction.
>
> > Where there any concerns raised with this, or are all okay with it?
>
> I haven't heard any concerns, and I think it's fine to restrict Client Hints
> headers to cf-token.
>
> +Mark Nottingham & +Tommy Pauly - do you think more discussion is needed on
> that point? Or is this email thread enough to ensure concerned folks would
> come forward if there are any?

So I was simply asking for confirmation as it was a subtle but possible
important point. I think so far my thoughts are moving in the direction that it
is not relevant. This document has after all been through both WG and IETF last
call. So I think it is fine and no action required. If any one in the WG seeing
this conmversation and realizes this is an issue, I think they have a very short
window to yell and it will be up to the responsible AD to decide what to do with
it.

Thanks for working with me to clarify what my potential concern was.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Networks, Ericsson Research
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com