Re: Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-18: (with COMMENT)

> On 18 May 2020, at 4:09 pm, Erik Kline <ek.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It was clear. I think it was just a little unexpected for me vis. my
> expectations around "dictionary"; but if I think not of
> std::unordered_map but instead more of std::map then I guess I'm good.
>
> I guess I'm still wondering what the value of ordering a dictionary
> might be.  But if it helps in some way -- especially to produce a
> constrained spec that helps eliminate differences in externally
> visible behavior -- it works for me.

Personally, I struggle with it a bit too; I'd prefer just a normal map. However, we got pretty strong input that it would address more use cases to order it, and no implementer pushback (ordered maps seem to be pretty common in modern languages).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/