Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure: handling multiple field values

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 05:18:19AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> I wonder whether we should point out that each *individual* field line
> needs to conform to the syntax defined for the field value, so that
> splitting strings over lines would be disallowed.

I think that would be a nice addition. It would implicitly allow a
recipient to reject a message when it knows some fields are not
properly formatted, before recombining them. Your example with a
single double-quote could serve as an encouragement for some
intermediaries which want to be strict to systematically reject
such individual values early.

Willy