Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure: handling multiple field values

--------
In message <4045931b-06b3-9b76-106f-773499b8374b@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes:

>Going back to the SH spec: I'm afraid that the spec *disallows* to fail
>early on garbage - is this *really* the intent?

Ehhh... what ?

	1.1.  Intentionally Strict Processing

	   This specification intentionally defines strict parsing and
	   serialisation behaviours using step-by-step algorithms; the only
	   error handling defined is to fail the operation altogether.

Since the only failure is total failure, why or even how would you go
about postponing it ?