Re: Eric Rescorla's Discuss on draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-01: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

> On 21 Dec 2018, at 12:13 pm, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>
>> We have a situation with two alternate topologies:
>>
>> 1.  A -> B -> Origin
>> 2.  A ->  Origin
>>
>> The original HTTP client (i.e., an external attacker on the Internet) sends a request with a CDN-Loop header containing B. In topology (1) this causes some kind of failure and in topology (2) it does not, thus leaking the topology.
>
> Ah - so you're saying that 'A' is also a CDN, not the user-agent?
>
> If the answer is 'yes', I understand; will add some text.

I've added:

"""
A CDN's use of the CDN-Loop header field might expose its presence. For example, if CDN A is configured to forward its requests to CDN B for a given origin, CDN B's presence can be revealed if it behaves differently based upon the presence of the CDN-Loop header field.
"""

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/