Re: Stream State and PRIORITY Frames

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>
wrote:

> On 18 January 2017 at 04:35, Scott Mitchell <scott.k.mitch1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Ahh yes I forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>> Any thoughts on limiting the stream priority?
>>

> ​It's a hint. If you run out of resources to maintain it, discard it?

Of course. I was curious if anyone can share successful policies/heuristics
they have employed to limit the number of streams in this state, but still
try to honor a client's desire to prioritize streams. For example a policy
like "discard lowest stream ID" may be limiting if the client initially
creates the most important QoS streams upfront, but then at a later time
exceeds the peer's implementation defined limit on priority streams.