Re: (rephrasing, sorry for duplicate) | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding

Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>: (Tue Jan  3 01:26:26 2017)
> (Sorry about the delay, it's silly season here and I've been offline.)
>
> On 23 December 2016 at 18:58, Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org> wrote:
> > Hmm. I need rephrase.  Sorry for duplicate mail.
> >
> > Question is that well-known URI need to requested from all putative
> > alternatives or not?. Yes, you can not request that from clear text
> > connection now.
>

> See: https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/279
>
> I am open to arguments that require that the check is performed every
> time, but that's less flexible.  This seems preferable.

So answer to my question:

| In other words is there requirement that given alternative service
| is tested ?

is that

Alternative service does not be need to be tested for
http: -scheme support (only some (= first) alternative
service for that origin need to be tested. )

( Client have possibility to test alternative service
  if client considers that usefull. )

/ Kari Hurtta