Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-02

Hi,

Bit late to the part once again.

Did any one consider, an external reference to preload resource manifest,
which just contains a list of preloaded resources.
The main difference is it is not inline, but external reference resource.
this external reference resource could then be pushed
via http 2.0 to the client, after which it can get to work. Obviously this
would not work with http 1.1 though,
so current solution proposed would be a better than this.

Kind Regards,

Wesley Oliver

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:22:02AM +0900, Kazuho Oku wrote:
> > > Kazuho has indicated that he thinks this draft is ready for WGLC, and
> we have no open issues.
> > >
> > > Please have a look at:
> > >   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-02
> > > .. and raise any issues you see here or on the issues list. Statements
> of support / intent to implement would also be helpful.
> > >
> > > WGLC will end in two weeks, on 1 June 2017.
> >
> > Thank you for changing the state to WGLC.
> >
> > The only change that was made in the -02 draft (which was submitted on
> > Tuesday) is editorial improvements from Mark. I would appreciate it if
> > you could take a look. IMO the text is much clear and concise than
> > -01.
>
> It looks pretty good to me. I just think that one example could have been
> nice (since not everybody is familiar with informational responses), to
> make it visually clear that you can get one or a few 103 prior to a 200
> for a single request.
>
> I expect it to work out of the box through haproxy, and in general I intend
> to make sure it will.
>
> Regards,
> Willy

Web Site that I have developed: