Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-02

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 06:48:38 +0200
To: Kazuho Oku <kazuhooku@gmail.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
> > Kazuho has indicated that he thinks this draft is ready for WGLC, and we have no open issues.
> >
> > Please have a look at:
> >   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-02
> > .. and raise any issues you see here or on the issues list. Statements of support / intent to implement would also be helpful.
> >
> > WGLC will end in two weeks, on 1 June 2017.
>
> Thank you for changing the state to WGLC.
>
> The only change that was made in the -02 draft (which was submitted on
> Tuesday) is editorial improvements from Mark. I would appreciate it if
> you could take a look. IMO the text is much clear and concise than
> -01.

It looks pretty good to me. I just think that one example could have been
nice (since not everybody is familiar with informational responses), to
make it visually clear that you can get one or a few 103 prior to a 200
for a single request.

I expect it to work out of the box through haproxy, and in general I intend
to make sure it will.

Regards,
Willy