Re: Partial Encryption

On 11/04/2017 1:31 p.m., John Gates wrote:
> I totally get it on the compliance and checking the box statement.  There
> are some tough roads ahead on actually making something like this happen
> and be routable.  I think that may be what's really holding this type of
> encryption back.

Routability should not be an issue. It is just another content-encoding
as far as the middleware is concerned. If all the browsers add support
it should have less impact than SDCH.

There will be issues with software that screws around with content to
force-gzip everything. Those are thankfully not all that common, and the
government services in question should be a good reason to quash that
type of bad behaviour.

Amos