Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7540 (4871)

> On 30 Nov 2016, at 04:33, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org> wrote:
>
> The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7540,
> "Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)".

> You may review the report below and at:
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7540&eid=4871

> Type: Editorial
> Reported by: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
>
> Section: 5.3.4

Well, this tripped me up: the Python priority implementation gets this wrong.

Let me ask a follow-on question that I have not been able to find an answer for in RFC 7540. If we continue the example from the erratum (streams A, B, C, D, A and B have stream 0 as parent, C and D depend on A), it’s now clear to me that if stream A is blocked then stream B gets all the resources. What happens if both stream A and B are blocked? Should my server endeavour to serve dependent streams in that case? I *think* the answer is yes because of the logic around having grouping nodes formed from idle streams, but I’m not 100% sure and would like clarification.

Cory