Re: #225: JFV Revisited

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:53 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> C) Specify conventions for people to use when defining headers, to avoid
> the most common footguns involved in that process (as well as generation,
> parsing, etc.).... I think people saw JSON as a (... snip ... practical)
> means to an end.

^ yes, that.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
 wrote:

> But I dont want to waste my time, if there is a "sub rosae" requirement
> for the result to be JSON?

No, there isn't. But JSON, despite the downsides that have been brought up
here, *is* very appealing on a practical level.

I'd be more than happy to see viable alternative proposals that address all
of the above points.