Re: Recursive HTTP/2 Push

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016, Simone Bordet wrote:

> A) the client requests for recursive.html, gets recursive.css pushed,
> but it always have to explicitly request recursive.png.
>
> B) the server flattens the resource tree, so that the client requests
> recursive.html, and gets recursive.css and recursive.png pushed.
>
> I think we'll go for B) in Jetty, unless there are objections stating that
> this is not intended behavior.

Push doesn't imply anything about the resources having to be in a resource
tree or anything like that. It is just objects the server can offer to the
client before the client asks for it themselves.

If clients are likely to want both these files after having asked for
"recursive.html", then I'd say (B) makes the most sense and (A) seems a bit
limited. But ultimately, that's up to the server to decide.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se