Re: Defining First and Third Party Cookies

On 18 January 2016 at 12:52, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> It doesn't look like there's enough interest in Mike's first-party cookie
> draft to consider a CfA for it yet.
>
> However, I'm wondering if it would be useful to pull the definitions of
> first and third party cookies out of that and into CookieBIS, since they're
> currently not defined anywhere normatively.
>
> Specifically:
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-first-party-cookies-04#section-2.1
>
> What do people think?

​It would be good to have it defined somewhere, if it isn't already. The
section referenced above doesn't disagree with the Wikipedia page [1]
(which I take as the general understanding shared by most of the web) so it
works for me.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Third-party_cookie​

--
  Matthew Kerwin