Re: Working Group Last Call: Encrypted Content-Encoding for HTTP

--------
In message <CABkgnnWoAYFBuLVeeDSHiqLQJxUnEJ+buMznbEFXtjGT3BqCEA@mail.gmail.com>
, Martin Thomson writes:
>On 8 June 2016 at 17:18, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Why the pick between them? isn't there an ongoing WG intention to make
>> field-values more consistently a generic:
>>
>>  token BWS "=" BWS ( token / quoted-string )
>
>>From the draft:
>
>  Encryption = #encryption_params
>  encryption_params = [ parameter *( ";" parameter ) ]
>
>>From RFC 7231, which the draft cites:
>
>   parameter = token "=" ( token / quoted-string )
>
>Good enough?

It was the "a string" in this para which tripped up my reading:

   keyid:  The "keyid" parameter contains a string that identifies the
      keying material that is used.  The "keyid" parameter SHOULD be
      included, unless key identification is guaranteed by other means.

(probably because to a programmer like me "a string" signals type
and usually also double quotes.)

I suggest it simply be removed:

   keyid:  The "keyid" parameter indentifies the keying material used.