Re: dont-revalidate Cache-Control header

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> From time to time, we've had people ask for "Cache-Control:
> Infinity-I-really-will-never-change-this." I suspect that often they don't
> understand how caches work, and that assigning a one-year lifetime is more
> than adequate for this purpose, but nevertheless, we could define that so
> that it worked and gave you the semantics you want too.
>
> To keep it backwards compatible, you'd need something like:
>
> Cache-Control: max-age=31536000, static
>
> (or whatever we call it)

Static is a fairly reasonable name. Static does imply that the resource
will *never* be revalidated (ever) vs the dont-reload which implies no
revalidations prior to expiration. I don't have any preferences between the
two but wanted to call that out.

What's the next step here?