Re: New Version Notification for draft-thomson-http-encryption-00.txt

On 12 May 2015 at 06:48, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> It's very simple:  You have an envelope everybody can see (the headers)
> and you have the content (the body).
>
> Anything you want to keep secret goes in the body.

Yes.

This is the design we propose. If headers need protection, they can go
inside the encrypted body using application/http content type. That
probably needs to be accompanied by rules regarding composition of
headers for presentation after decryption.

Julian suggested offline that the representation header fields [1] are
easy: the encrypted form takes precedence.  It might be that the other
header fields are just writing on the envelope that can be discarded.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-3.1