Re: IAB Statement on Internet Confidentiality

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:

You’re mostly right, but here’s where you’re wrong:

> ​​
> ​​
>  Encrypting  is not going to help with any of these problems
> ​

​Yes, it will *help*. No, it will not ​*solve* them, and solving them is
important, but providing help now is a good thing to do.  Every layer of
privacy technology drives attacker costs up and makes certain attacks
non-economic.  I for one am not willing to put improvements on hold for
years while we strive for the perfect at the expense of the good.

​​

​​

--
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)