Re: SETTINGS frame - not documented as peer-to-peer only

On 30 September 2014 12:58, Stuart Douglas <stuart.w.douglas@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think the real issue here is that SETTINGS_ENABLE_PUSH and the proposed
> SETTINGS_WEBSOCKET_CAPABLE are really end to end settings rather than just
> peer to peer. You need both endpoints and all intermediaries to support
> them for them for them to be used, and at the moment we have no way of
> discovering this. All you can really do is attempting a push / websocket
> connection and hope it works.
>
> All other settings make sense as peer to peer settings, but I really don't
> think these two do.

​But you only push resources one hop (?). E.g. origin to caching proxy.

Also: enable_push goes from the push-receiver to the pusher. If all hops
along the way support it, you could theoretically get end-to-end pushes
(although I don't think such a thing is defined yet). If one hop along the
way doesn't support it, then what's the difference?

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/