Re: #578: Header Table and Static Table Indices Switched

On 27 Sep 2014, at 8:09 am, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 04:51:50PM +0100, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/578>
>>
>> This hasn?t seen much discussion on list, and no one seems to have complained about it beyond Jeff.
>>
>> Does anyone want to argue for changing this, or should we WONTFIX?
>
> I think that if there are strong opinions in both directions, it deserves
> being still studied openly. It's just a matter of encoding, variations are
> possible (I proposed one some time ago, I don't know if it would have
> addressed both usages).

I think the time for that has truly past; most of our implementers want to get this out the door and running, not do another round of R&D.

Jeff, you said “FWIW” — were you just telling us how you feel, or that you really think this needs to change?

In the latter case, we can do a call for consensus.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/