Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol-00.txt

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:40:28 +1000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Mark,

Is there a specific use-case motivating this additional header?   ie are
there situations that a proxy can use this to do more than just log/debug a
tunnel?

I'm certainly not opposed to having the additional information that this
header provides, but I'd like to know what advantage there is for a client
to include the header.  If there is none, then it is not likely to be sent.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>