Re: Getting to Consensus: CONTINUATION-related issues

In message <CABkgnnVPVSXVU+YPvCgjZ1vnbOQ++xn_FfWqMw8Wcr4A0ZVhow@mail.gmail.com>
, Martin Thomson writes:
>On 18 July 2014 11:20, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>> I don't think it says anywhere that you cant *send* the block, but if
>> you do, you should expect it to get rejected.
>
>I hadn't considered that interpretation at all.
>
>I can't see that working out well.  I'd have thought that if you set a
>limit of 10k, then treating anything that exceeds that as a connection
>error is the logical conclusion.  Otherwise, you have to process more
>than you said you wanted to receive, just to maintain a consistent
>compression state.

I'd expect behaviour in this area to develop and depend on field
experience.

I really don't think requests (or responses!) exceeding the limit
are going to happen outside attack-scenarios.

And setting or no setting, receivers will have limits, the only
difference is that we tell senders about them.