Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 06:43:34 +0000
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
In message <CAH_y2NFna2Gh9=su5q7PsmcR+n_XizTXY-aVt4CmsHdr5u5uVQ@mail.gmail.com>, Greg Wilkins wri
tes:

>So on this data we should go with h2-12-noRefSet-noCopy-static1

Sounds good to me.

Can I persuade you do a run of h2-12-noRefSet-noCopy-static1 where headers
which contain only a timstamp compresses to 5 bytes, so we can see if
"algorithmic compressors" are worth looking at ?

As I remember, it's these five headers:

	Expires:
	Last-Modified:
	If-Modified-Since:
	If-Unmodified-Since:

A more comprehensive algorithm would also reach for timestamps in cookies etc.
but don't worry about that for now.