Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

On Jul 15, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> If we make 33.Value and 36.Value mean "Integer time_t follows"
> (using 4.1.1's integer format), we will probably shave 10 bytes of
> each request and response.

Whatever happened with this idea? Searching my archives I couldn’t find it getting rejected. I also don’t see an issue filed for it.

It would be a nice perf boost to be able to do calculations against time_t vs parsing.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat