Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http-proxy-problem-01.txt

In message <53C56449.9050707@gmx.de>, Julian Reschke writes:
>On 2014-07-15 19:08, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>> Standardization is a forward-looking activity.
>>
>> If we want to implement something like what I outlined in the future,
>> we should start to pave the road for it now.
>
>What I'm saying is that yes, pave the road, but do not make this depend
>on query or not.

The reason I'm pointing to :query is that it is already treated as
more sensitive than the path, for instance NCSA logformat doesn't
record it by default etc.

It's an abstraction people know, and some people already think about
it as "the private part", so it makes for a good stepping stone.