Re: Call for Consensus: Frame size (to address #553)

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:54:35 -0700
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: "K.Morgan@iaea.org" <K.Morgan@iaea.org>, John Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org>, Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 14 July 2014 14:42, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> -1 for different profiles.
>
> Show us the need before fragmenting the protocol.

This was the conclusion we reached on that particular point.  The case
was made, but you have to make a pretty strong case before you do
something that drastic.

We didn't *completely* reject the idea, but noted that it needed a
much stronger reason to justify it.  Nothing we've talked about in the
last two weeks is actually new in that regard.