Re: PRIORITY extension

I don't really understand why the flow control mechanism is not sufficient
to implement priority?

My understanding of the use-case for priority is when a client received
many push promises and/or makes make parallel requests, then it can
stipulate which ones it wants to receive first.  Why can't it use flow
control windows to achieve this?

Is it the case that priority is needed for small resources that will not
need a window update to be sent?   But in that case, if you have 80
resources being pushed at you, 70 of them are probably in single frames so
by the time the client knows which ones it wants first they have probably
already been sent / queued etc.?

ie in all the scenarios that I can imagine, I can see flow control windows
being able to be used to control priority just as well as priority frames.

Perhaps somebody can writeup a few good examples of how they see priority
helping where flow control cannot?

thanks

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>